DUCKSBACK: Waxed Cotton / Oilskin Reproofer 200g net
Oilskin / Waxed Cotton being a waterproof fabric needs reproofing every few washes using a mixture of oil and wax known as Ducksback.
Directions for use:
- Make sure oilskin is clean. You can hand wash with a little wool wash using cold to warm water or brush clean using a damp cloth. Make sure the oilskin has dried naturally and is warm before reproofer is applied to the garment.
- Remove the lid and sit tin in 1inch of hot water until reproofer softens.
- Alternatively to using boiled water -> heat coat and tin up in front of a heater until Ducksback melts then apply. Hairdryers can help speed up the process.
WARNING handle carefully as to not scold yourself.
- Use a soft cloth, sponge or paintbrush to apply reproofer to the garment. Use sparingly and work into fabric.
- Place the garment into a warm location where fabric can be left to soak up reproofer.
Oilskin / Waxed Cotton usually needs reproofing every 2-3 washes.
Contents: paraffin, micro wax, slack wax, drying oil, and solvent
Keep out of reach of children
Avoid contact with eyes. In case of scolding rinse the scolded area thoroughly with cold water and seek medical advice.
First use of the product suggests it does what it is supposed to do. And does it well. My whippet's 2 year old jacket has never had any treatment and was looking a bit grubby and dull. Not helped by his love of laying on garden soil. The reproofer definitely brought back a clean matte finish. Not entirely happy with instructions to surround the tin with hot water. The surface remained quite solid, the bottom turned to liquid. A touch messy. Product still great, four stars. My three dogs, 2 greyhounds plus the whippet all have the same jackets. Best jacket purchases ever
Thank you for your review Grant, we will absolutely take on board your feedback.
Thank you for your support.
Elise and team
Fair Dinkum Dogs
Got jacket for my greyhound pretty quickly even during Covid lockdown. Best dog jacket ever. So warm and snuggly for my dog. Fits brilliantly and is super well made. Would recommend to everyone.
Sorry i havent used it yet can i use it on my drizabone jacket as well?