DUCKSBACK: Waxed Cotton / Oilskin Reproofer 200g net
Oilskin / Waxed Cotton being a waterproof fabric needs reproofing every few washes using a mixture of oil and wax known as Ducksback.
Directions for use:
- Make sure oilskin is clean. You can hand wash with a little wool wash using cold to warm water or brush clean using a damp cloth. Make sure the oilskin has dried naturally and is warm before reproofer is applied to the garment.
- Remove the lid and sit tin in 1inch of hot water until reproofer softens.
- Alternatively to using boiled water -> heat coat and tin up in front of a heater until Ducksback melts then apply. Hairdryers can help speed up the process.
WARNING handle carefully as to not scold yourself.
- Use a soft cloth, sponge or paintbrush to apply reproofer to the garment. Use sparingly and work into fabric.
- Place the garment into a warm location where fabric can be left to soak up reproofer.
Oilskin / Waxed Cotton usually needs reproofing every 2-3 washes.
Contents: paraffin, micro wax, slack wax, drying oil, and solvent
Keep out of reach of children
Avoid contact with eyes. In case of scolding rinse the scolded area thoroughly with cold water and seek medical advice.
Got jacket for my greyhound pretty quickly even during Covid lockdown. Best dog jacket ever. So warm and snuggly for my dog. Fits brilliantly and is super well made. Would recommend to everyone.
Sorry i havent used it yet can i use it on my drizabone jacket as well?